fredag den 9. november 2007

Documentation please

JBoss seam is cool. The idea is basically to make it simple to develop enterprise applications using EJB3...

This is all perfect but the documentation lacks a lot.

I've tried to get up and running using various application generators for a week or two (full time) and have used google to find the places to start, the plugins to install etc.

And I keep running into bugs, errors without ever feeling that I get much help from online ressources.

I need (please) one good website containing all the info I need to get started... It really isn't that difficult.

Please take a look at:
My task as a consultant is to suggest tools to be used. I've suggested seam since it looks very promising, but the lack of documentation means that I can't really get some good examples up and running as fast as I could if the tools available are able to do half of what they promise.

One good example is seam-gen. Where's the website explaining me how to generate the view for existing EJB's?

1 kommentar:

Morten Matras sagde ...

Just a little comment:

Michael Yuan, one of the people behind JBoss Seam has a Wordpress website that keeps chrashing... A real annoyance and not very convincing for a guy trying to build the next big web-framework...

Someone please tell him to get a new blog... :-)

What web framework is the next big one?

Om mig

Odense, Denmark
A simple man with a simple life... Couldn't be better